Sat 12 Mar 2022
Globally, there is a surge in the students enrolled in postdoctoral and doctoral studies in (higher) education. Conducting research in these fellowships is one of the most defining and vital aspects of the training because it is acknowledged to give the student an opportunity to contribute to and expand the field of (higher) education. Due to these, stakeholders in this area of study continue to underscore the need to maintain the quality and rigour of the research conducted by postdoctoral and doctoral fellows in this field. However, some postdoctoral and doctoral fellows in the course of their fellowships seem to be un-immersed in research conventions resulting in the production of skewed science. This situation has necessitated the need for a unique platform to expose postdoctoral and doctoral fellows in rigorous research conventions to enable them to produce good science.
This conference is jointly organised by the Faculty of Educational Studies of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana, the Doctoral Program in Higher Education Studies (DPHES) of the Institute for Post School Studies (IPSS), University of the Western Cape (UWC), South Africa and in collaboration with the Comparative Higher Education, Policy and Innovation Studies (CHEPIS) Project of the Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique and the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden.
Focus of the Conference
The 3-days conference aims to build the research capacity of the participants by exposing them to the tenets/indicators of quality research, immerse them in credible research conventions in their study field, to enable them to conduct rigorous and feasible research, and enhance their research output.
Who should attend?
- Doctoral students at any stage of their study, and
- Postdoctoral fellows and early career researchers in any education discipline
Date and venue
This conference is slated for 19-21 April 2022 in Kumasi, Ghana and will be in a hybrid form.
- Prof. Patrício Langa (University of the Western Cape, South Africa & Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique)
- Prof. Teboho Moja (New York University, USA)
- Prof. David Kaldewey (University of Bonn, Germany)
- Prof. Agnes Atia Apusigah (Regentropfen College of Applied Sciences, Ghana)
- Prof. Lars Geschwind (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Prof. Yann Lebeau (University of East Anglia, UK)
- Prof. Winston Kwame Abroampa (KNUST-Ghana) and
- Dr. Patrick Swanzy (University of the Western Cape, South Africa & KNUST-Ghana)
Submissions are welcomed from Postdoctoral and doctoral students in all areas of education studies. Submissions will be judged based on originality, significance, and relevance to the conference objective. The authors of accepted papers must register to attend the conference and present their papers.
- Abstract (not more than 300words) due: 28th February, 2022
- Acceptance notifications: 4th March, 2022
- Full papers due: 14th March, 2022
- Final revised papers due: 30th March, 2022
- Registration deadline: 20th March, 2022
Prof. Patrício Langa (UWC& UEM), Dr. Patrick Swanzy (KNUST & UWC), Dr. Leonie Schoelen (UWC), Dr. Xavier Muianga (UEM), Dr. Winston Kwame Abroampa (KNUST), Luciana Ama Gbemu (KNUST), Raymond Anyasu (KNUST), Anna Naa (KNUST), Valentina Osei-Himah (KNUST).
Contact the conference organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org